Pretty much, I have 9 days until my OB and I have a serious conversation about my options, which (as far as I can tell), consist of:
- Attempt an External Cephalic Version (ECV) at 37ish weeks. In short, my OB would try to turn Baby 7 manually. The procedure would be performed in L&D in case any complications arose and I needed an emergency C-section (ie: baby goes into distress, placental abruption, labor starts.)
- Schedule a C-section for 39ish weeks and hope that 7 turns in the interim.
- Do nothing, go into labor, and hope that 7 turns at the last minute. Depending on the circumstances (like if my water is still intact when I get to the hospital), my doctor could also try to turn 7 while I'm in labor. However, if s/he remains breech, I would need an immediate C-section.
- Forward Leaning Inversion, also known as "Look Absolutely Ridonk While Kneeling off Side of Couch With Forearms and Head on Floor."
- Breech Tilt, or "Achieve Massive Head Rush While Lying Upside Down on Ironing Board While Husband Talks to Crotch."
- Open Knee Chest, aka "Attempt to Maintain Dignity Despite Having Butt in Air and Head, Forearms and As-Much-Boob-as-Possible on Floor."
- Hours Spent Crawling Around on All Fours, or what I like to call, "Dignity Officially Lost."
- Ice Pack on the Baby's Head (To make 7 move away from the cold.)
- Flashlight Below the Belly Button (To make 7 move toward the light.)
- Music Below the Belly Button
- Hypnobabies (Which might work if I didn't keep falling asleep during the deep breathing exercises!)
- Acupuncture + Moxa (Apparently, stimulating a certain point on the outside of my baby toe will make the baby turn, so a--literally--hot date night with Mr. E now consists of him burning mugwort "cigars" next to my feet...)
- Homeopathic Pulsatilla (Recommended by my doula; according to the packaging, it's a homeopathic remedy for pink eye, but apparently it also encourages head down babies??)
I mean, I'm not giving up hope, but I'm definitely starting to get nervous...!